Monday, August 8, 2011

More Stuff I've Grown

a day's harvest

another day's harvest

yet another day's harvest
(The green beans in the bag are from the store. We didn't have any luck with green beans this year.)

and another day's harvest
I am pretty proud of my garden. Can you tell? The majority of the pictures on my camera right now are of vegetables!

These are my best carrots yet. I have been surprised at how well my carrots have done. They have not gotten very big (the biggest one so far is the one in the middle and it was about 8 inches long), but I have had plenty of them. We have put them in stir-fry and in with roasted vegetables. Anytime I need a carrot, I just head out to the garden and dig some up!

I love growing sunflowers! Most of them are starting to get seeds so hopefully I can do something with them. I mostly just love watching sunflowers grow, so that is why I planted them.

We dug up the potatoes this week. They didn't do as well as I had hoped, and some sort of animal ate several of them. We cooked some last night and they tasted great. (Nothing like a dirty baby in a wheelbarrow, right?)

I also dug up my onions. They did good and we should have enough to last us until next year, if I get them properly stored. I am just learning how to store and preserve things as we go along.
This year's garden has mostly been done by trial and error!

1 comment:

Emily said...

That is seriously impressive. Once we get somewhere where the squirrels don't eat everything we plant I'll need you to teach me everything you know! Did I mention how impressed I am?