Saturday, July 31, 2010

Our New House

We found a great little farmhouse to rent! We found out about from a friend of my parents and we were able to get it. I am loving this house. We are in the country surrounded by fields and we have a huge yard. There are two big barns on the property that are used by the farmers who farm the fields owned by our landlord. We now have 4 bedrooms and a basement, so I have a lot more space. The only thing I miss having is a dishwasher. I do have a good view from my kitchen window, so that helps with all of my dishwashing!

backyard
The thunder and lightning storms have been amazing this summer. We can see, hear, and even feel them coming from miles away. It is really cool to watch.

I even have a clothesline! I have always wanted one, so I am out there all of the time hanging up my clothes. You can also see the large garden in the picture. My dad planted it for us before we moved in and we are starting to see the beginnings of corn and beans. I hope to learn more about gardening this winter so I can fill up both of these garden plots next spring.

more backyard

side yard

This is the side view of the house.

...and this is what happens to your bathtub when you raise little boys in the country. We were only outside for a half an hour and this is the mess I got. I was at a church meeting awhile ago and a woman gave a talk and in it she mentioned that she always hated all of the dirt in her house. Then one day she realized that 'dirt means her kids are having fun, and dirt means her kids are spending time with their dad, and dirt means her kids are learning to work.' I loved that, especially because one of the reasons we decided to move here was so that we could raise our kids in the country and that they would learn to work hard.


These last two pictures are from moving day. We didn't want to pay for a U-haul, so both of our dads brought their trucks and trailers over to Cincinnati and helped pack us up. They packed an amazing amount of stuff onto this flatbed trailer!

No comments: