Sunday, August 1, 2010

Jaylee's Blessing Dress

Ever since I was a little girl, I have always dreamed about having a handmade blessing dress for my daughter. I wanted it big, long, and shiny! When I was finally pregnant with a little girl I told my mom about this and she got started. When I was six months pregnant my mom and I went shopping for fabric and I told her how I wanted it to look. My mom created the most amazing and beautiful blessing dress for Jaylee. I love it! She did such a great job and also made a bonnet and shoes to go along with it.

Aunt Shayla came over and did a photo shoot of Jaylee wearing her dress. The pictures on this post are some of my favorite from the day.

Jaylee was mad when we took this picture but it shows off the dress good so I am posting it anyway.


Beautiful Girl

I told my mom that I wanted the dress to hang to Riley's knees while he was blessing her. She made that happen!






Riley's mom embroidered these slippers that my mom made for her. (Well actually my mom's friend Pam stepped in to help her get these finished on time. Pam is a seamstress and gave my mom advice through the whole dress building process.) Both slippers have her first initial on the toes and one slipper has her date of birth on the bottom.

A pretty picture that Shayla took.

3 comments:

Kalie said...

What a beautiful dress!!!! I love it!!

Loni said...

A beautiful little girl in a beautiful dress!

Ellis family said...

What a great dress, for a beautiful little girl! I just love it! How fun. I can't wait to meet her!