Saturday, August 1, 2009

Lady Distance Classic 10K

This morning my mom and I did a 10k race together. I did the run and she did the walk. A 10k is 6.2 miles and I completed it in 1 hour and 59 seconds. My pace was 9:50 a mile and I placed 31 of 69 women in the 25 - 29 age division. My mom walked it in 1 hour and 27 minutes.
Me and my boys after the race. They have gotten really good at cheering me on at all of these races I have been doing.

This picture has a story... After I finished the race, we all went to wait for mom to finish. We stood at the road about a tenth of the mile before the finish line so we could cheer her on as she rounded the corner to finish. We finally saw her coming and started cheering for her. Well she walked over and started giving Easton a high five. This was normal until she just stood there and I realized that she thought she had finished the race! I actually had to yell and push her to get her to realize that she had another tenth of a mile to go. This picture is of mom realizing that she hadn't crossed the finish line and taking off on a sprint to get there! It was really funny.




Grandma and her two grandson's. Mom is also wearing the jacket she won this morning for getting 3rd in her age division! (As a side note: Riley got both boys ready this morning and drove over to the race to meet us. He knows how much my mom likes 'party' shirts so he decided to dress them both in their best 'party' shirts! She totally got what he was trying to do!)

6 comments:

Jennifer said...

Holy Cow!!! You are one seriously smoking hot momma! You look fabulous and so happy. Great pics of you and mom and the boys. What a great day! Love you!!!

Themother said...

Wearing those two little guys was the best of the day!!!!! They are so sweet even though Easton told me he was "having a ROUGH day!" HAA

Emily said...

Jess, you are looking amazing!! Keep it up woman!

Emily said...

Wow, Jess, you are looking incredible!

Sara said...

Jessica - awsome job! You are a runner! I can't wait to see you guys again!

Ellis family said...

Good job on all your races! I would have to say that I think the 10K is my favorite race! You look great and you rocked it!:)