Friday, August 24, 2012

Happy 34th Birthday Riley

 Riley and I spent his birthday running a half marathon.  It was actually kind of brutal.  We thought that we would try a trail race, and it was way harder than a road race!  This was also Riley's first half marathon.  This picture was taken about ten minutes before we started.

I was not expecting the race to be quite as rugged as it was.  This is just one of the several sets of stairs that we had to climb.
This person is not me, but I wanted to show how big some of the logs were that we had to jump over.
We also had very narrow trails to run through.
Of course, we also had lots of steep hills with roots to climb!
I finished in 3 hours and 34 minutes.  (I ended up walking the last half of the race.)
Riley finished in 2 hours and 47 minutes.  Riley ran the whole race (except for an occasional hill at the end)!
Happy Couple
After the race we had dinner and birthday cake with Riley's parents and sister's family.  Riley's dad decorated his cake for him.   Good job Tim!
This picture was taken right before Riley blew out his candles.

No comments: