Thursday, February 11, 2010

...and the 'crazy gene' lives on!!!

For those of you who do not understand what the 'crazy gene' is, then all you need to know is that Riley and I are having a baby girl! That is right, not only did Riley get me pregnant without the help of trained professionals he also timed it right to get me a daughter. Who knew getting a daughter could be this easy! (As a side note: The 'crazy gene' is a term lovingly coined by my sister's husband Rodger and Riley. You would have to live with a woman of the Hayman / Waterbury decent to truly appreciate it.)
If you look closely you will see that she is actually looking at you with a fist poised and ready to punch at any minute. She was also squirming around and kicking at the ultrasound wand the whole time. She is already an independent and feisty country girl! I am pretty proud!

I bought this outfit down in Brown County when Riley and I were engaged. It has been sitting in my dresser for almost 10 years waiting for a baby to put in it. Can't you just imagine a blond headed little girl toddling around in it? Sweet, right?

Now, imagine a little girl in the dress! Not so sweet now, actually kind of scary. This is what happened when all I did was ask the boys to hold it up together for the camera. An all out screaming fit and tug of war started. Plus it was only 7:00 in the morning when this happened. Bruises and scars are cute on girls also, right??

6 comments:

Themother said...

Woooooooohooooooo!!!!! I recently saw a barrel saddle with a pink ostrich skin seat. Now all I need to find is an awesome buckskin barrel pony. I can see that long blonde hair flying now.

Sara said...

Congratulations Jess and Riley!

Megan said...

A GIRL!!!! I'm so happy for all of you! I can just see a mini Jessica :) Tell those boys of yours to get ready for little miss Gibb!

The Asays said...

Congrads Jess! We are so excited. Your boys were so sweet with my baby- I'm sure they will be with yours too! What a lucky little girl to have two big, protective brothers!

Emily said...

Yay! Way to pitch in to help us start evening out the boy/girl score for the Gibb grandkids! I'm so excited for you guys. Make way for the pink!

Jennifer said...

Did you say GIRL???!!! Holy cow, hang on to your wallet Riley!