Monday, May 4, 2009

Indy 500 Mini Marathon

Well, I did it. I ran a half marathon! I finished it in 2 hours and 28 minutes and I ran the whole way. It actually was a lot of fun and I am really glad I did it!


My Mom and I -- My mom walked it and did a great job. I was proud of her and it was fun to do it with her.


This is my sister-in-law Sara. She ran the whole race as well. She finished about the same time as me but we didn't see each other until afterwards. We may have to run together more often because we seem to run at the same pace!



Me and the Family -- I definately could not have done this without them. Riley had lots of hours of babysitting while I was out running to train for it. He also ran with me a lot even though he hates to run! The boys spent several hours in the jogging stroller while we ran. They do okay in there, but when they get bored they start picking on each other. Riley has been super supportive through this whole thing which really made it a lot more fun and easy to do. I missed having him running with me through those last 3 miles of the race, though!



2 comments:

Loni said...

Great Job Jessica!!

Sara said...

YAY! It was awesome.