Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Hurricane Ike Comes to Ohio

Monday morning after the storm Easton and I took a walk in our neighborhood to see what kind of damage was done. These are a few of our neighbor's trees!

I took this picture after they had been working on sawing off the branches, since the top of the tree was in the road. I was pretty impressed that it came out of the ground by the roots.

This street was closed for two days until they got this tree out of the road. If you look close you can see that it is being held up by power lines.


And finally... our tree. We were feeling really blessed that it stayed upright throughout the storm. We only had a few dead branches fall off and land in the yard and there was no damage to our house!

3 comments:

Emily said...

I forgot about that huge tree in your yard! That thing could have squished your house if it came down. Man, you guys are really lucky. We're glad you're safe and that Easton has his milk and cartoons again!

Sara said...

Hey - we are glad that your house is not damaged! Did I ever tell you that my mom and I survived a tornado in AL? Crazy stuff these natural disasters!

Loni said...

Great photo journey for us to take with you! I am so glad that you are safe and connected to the world again! Thank goodness for cell phones!!