Saturday, May 18, 2013

Chickens!!!

 I have been trying to talk my mom into getting chickens on her property.  I thought they would be fun to watch and we could get farm fresh eggs.  I guess she thought it was a good idea, because she got them!  They were such cute chicks and Easton even took them to school for show-and-tell.

 I promised her that Riley would build a coop for her.  He has never built or seen a chicken coop before!  We showed him pictures of what we wanted, then he made a few drawings and got to work!

 It was fun to see it start taking shape.

 The kids, grandma, and I painted it.

 Riley even got a roofing lesson from my dad.

 Those chickens have the best roof of any chicken your going to meet!

 It turned out fantastic!  I was really proud of him!

 The chickens weren't sure what to do when they first went in, but they quickly got used to it.

They even like to spend their evenings hanging out on the perch that Riley built for them.

No comments: