Thursday, September 10, 2009

Mountain Climbing

During our whole drive up to Idaho Falls and around Jennifer's house I kept looking at the mountains and asking Riley if he thought I could climb them.  Easton also kept asking to go 'over' the mountains.  We finally decided to try mountain climbing for the first time.  Jennifer took us to a 'beginner' trail and with 4 little kids we headed up!

Easton and Talon starting up the trail.


I was so excited that I decided I was going to run up ahead of everyone and see how fast I could get to the top.  I was pretty impressed with how in shape I actually was until I got stopped and scared!  As we started out our climb Jennifer warned us that Rattlesnakes are pretty common this time of year.  Of course when someone says that you just think they are trying to be safe.  Well,  I was a pretty good distance ahead of everyone moving along at a jog, and not paying very good attention.  All of the sudden I heard  a sound that can only be described as a 'rattle!'  I stopped right away and looked into the bushes and saw something sticking straight up and wiggling.  You can bet, I turned around and ran back to stick with the group after that.  We saw several snake holes but no more snakes during our hike.  However, I jumped at every little sound I heard!
 

At the top.  Actually this is when we told Easton we were at the top.  Mountains are taller than they appear from the road!  (Don't ask me what Talon is doing, I just really like this picture of Easton and I.)



We had such cute little kids climbing up the mountain.  They barely even complained!  I was especially impressed with Big Will, since he is only 2 years old.
 


The view from the top.

No comments: